Most days I am pretty good at staying on track with my nutritional goals. When I have the right balance of healthy food choices, I really don’t crave sweets or feel the need to have a “cheat” meal very often. Then there are days where that little voice inside of me is just begging for a small treat. In all honesty, it’s these little splurges that really keep me on track. If I completely deprive myself, that is when I will end up caving in a moment of weakness and binge eating an entire container of Milano cookies. The key is to find a balance. Something small to fulfill the craving without also loading myself full of sugar, calories – and regret.
I absolutely LOVE this Bananas Foster a La Mode for a few reasons:
- It’s done in 5 minutes flat so I won’t have to waste time in the kitchen on a treat AND increase the possibility of binging while I wait for my treat to cook.
- This recipe uses frozen yogurt instead of ice cream so you get a little boost of healthy probiotics while you enjoy your treat. Plus a good vanilla froyo is soooo yummy!
- It’s only 223 calories and 4 grams of fat per serving – and that includes the side of froyo.
- Bananas are a year-round fruit which means they taste perfect all year long. Plus they are full of potassium, magnesium, Vitamin B and fiber. Hashtag winning!
With much love from my table to yours,
Bananas Foster Froyo
Enjoy the taste of decadent bananas foster without all the hassle! Done in 5 minutes and less than 250 calories for the perfect guilt free treat!
- 1 ripe banana
- 1/2 tbsp butter or coconut oil
- 2 tbsp honey
- 2 tbsp dark rum or brandy
- 1 tsp vanilla
- 1 cup low fat vanilla frozen yogurt I use Publix Brand
Heat butter, honey, rum and vanilla over medium-high heat. Meanwhile, chop the banana into large pieces. Add to rum mixture and let simmer for 3 minutes. Scoop 1/2 cup vanilla frozen yogurt into 2 bowls. Divide banana mixture into each bowl and enjoy!