Hi! My name is Tiffany and I live in a little beach town on the east coast of central Florida with my husband Kevin, my toddler Noah and our two furry kitchen helpers, Jack and Emma. Growing up in Florida, I come from a family with deep southern Georgia roots. I was taught that salt pork and a little fried coating on everything makes it taste better and can whip up some pretty tasty southern treats without even thinking about it. But where is the challenge in that?! Over time, I became passionate about maintaining a healthy lifestyle, like making better food choices and choosing the right portions to eat. As a new mom and full time CT Technologist, I don’t have a ton of time to devote to my kitchen either, so quick, easy and flavorful are my three new favorite words (there is a whole community of us over here at EASY RECIPES FOR BUSY MAMAS!). This site is dedicated as a learning tool and resource for how to use seasonal ingredients…the best kind to give your body the maximum benefits. We will take my southern rooted recipes and learn how to make a healthier version without losing that awesome flavor. I love to try and make food macro friendly as well, so check out THIS PAGE for all the recipes that fit in this category. And from time to time, we will spoil ourselves too ;) So come on in, grab a cup of coffee and join me at my table!
Want to know more about me?
- I am currently working on becoming a Fitness Nutrition Specialist to help educate myself and others on the benefits of a healthy lifestyle.
- I am lover of all things food, especially combinations that wouldn’t necessarily be known to “go together,” but are amazing – like Strawberry Chili.
- I live in the cutest little historic home very close to downtown, where my husband and I take walks down to the local brewery.
- Vintage is my jam! Keep your eye out for upcoming posts from our Vintage Vault which will bring back some awesome forgotten recipes and hacks from the past.
- While I eat vegetarian and vegan style meals several times throughout the week, I haven’t completely kicked meat and would consider myself more of a flexitarian.
- I don’t think I could ever completely live in a world without sushi, bacon, Mexican food or fried okra.
- I can cross one eye and keep one straight.
- I solo flew a glider airplane when I was 14 years old. Ironically, I am terrified of flying today.
- I have had a passion for cooking since I was little, and the first thing I cooked alone was Spaghetti. Lots and Lots of spaghetti. Apologies to my parents and little sister…
- When I am not making a mess in the kitchen, you can find me working with patients at my hospital job as a CT Technologist. I am also trained to start PICC lines and ultrasound guided IV’s. If you have any IV start questions, send me an email and I’ll give you some awesome tips!
- Some of my favorite things are snuggling with my sweet baby boy, animals, taking pictures of everything, learning about Jesus, spending time with my favorite people, creative writing, vacations in the mountains, bubbly drinks in cute tall wine glasses, adventure mud runs, sipping bellinis in little garden style restaurants, brunch, blueberry pancakes on Saturday morning, walking on the beach, riding my bike around town, farmers markets, the Lumineers Pandora radio station, and teaching people about healthy eating.